Go deeper into all the elements of book coaching, from managing a project to developing story structure to understanding the primary paths to publication. Learn step-by-step how to coach a story from zero and how to analyze a complete rough draft. Gain experience with live clients, participate in small community of peers and mentors, and feel confident about your skills.
- Guiding a Project Forward from Zero
- Developing the Story Structure
- Developing Scenes
- Basics of Giving Feedback
- Hierarchy of Editorial Concerns
- The Big 5 Story Editing Skills
- Basics of Client Intaking
- Designing a Project Framework
- Handling the Writer's Emotions – and Yours
- When Things Go Wrong in the Coaching Process
- Full Manuscript Evaluation
- Featured interviews with a psychotherapist, a corporate coaching expert, a writer's block expert, and more
- Working sessions with Author Accelerator founder and 6-figure book coach Jennie Nash and Author Accelerator Vice President Laura Franzini
- Practicums (2): Engage your own clients, coach them in writing and on the phone, and get feedback on your work from Author Accelerator's certification team when you apply for Advanced Certification
To earn Advanced Certification, you must submit your Portfolio (both practicums and some additional coursework) for review. The submission fee is $699.
Completion of this course will allow you to market yourself as an Author Accelerator Advanced Certified book coach. Advanced Certification is good for one year – you must renew it and pay a renewal fee to retain certification.
Note: This course is focused on fiction only. To learn how to run your own book-coaching business, help a writer prepare to pitch or self-publish, work in particular genres, and more, stay tuned for forthcoming master classes. These will be coming in late 2019 and early 2020.
Jennie Nash is the founder and CEO of Author Accelerator, a book coaching service that offers the sustained editorial support writers need to write books worth reading. For twelve years, writers serious about reaching readers have trusted Jennie to coach their projects from inspiration to publication. Her clients have landed top New York agents, national book awards, and deals with houses such as Scribner, Simon & Schuster, and Hachette. Jennie is the author of 8 books in 3 genres. She taught for 13 years in the UCLA Extension Writer’s Program, is an instructor at CreativeLive.com